Monday, August 22, 2011

Getting Started

Well, I've been considering starting a blog.  And it turns out when I went to check out blogger, I already had one started...it just didn't have any posts.  So with a few clicks, I found a color and picture combination I liked and decided to just start writing.  I may regret this later because other platforms have been recommended, but this was just so easy to start.  I tend to take the easy way out whenever I can (this is not always, or maybe even often, a good thing).

I'm thinking my first post should be a bit about me.  I am a woman who, like so many other women, wears a lot of different hats.  When I look around, everyone else seems to be balancing their hats better than I do mine.  But I'm guessing that if I looked closer at their lives, the hats would not look as neatly pressed and perfectly worn as they appear at first glance.

As for my hats, I am a wife to a wonderful man who, if I'm being honest, probably gives more than he receives.  Out of that union I have been given the blessing of 3 children, thus receiving my second hat of mother.  I am a homemaker (although that is one hat that often falls to the bottom of the pile and gets crumpled and battered).  I am a homeschool teacher.  I am a church volunteer.  I am a friend.  I am a daughter and daughter-in-law.  And there are so many other things I could mention, but I'd run out of time and you would more than run out of patience.

The main thing though, is I'm a Christ follower.  And this blog is going to be mostly about what I'm learning as I seek to pursue Christlikeness as a wife, as a mother, as a homemaker, as a homeschool teacher, as a volunteer, as a friend and as a daughter/daughter-in-law.  It will not always be pretty, because my selfishness gets in the way often.  But, I am assured that He who is in me can take anything that is ugly about my nature and transform it into a thing of beauty.

I am growing.  I am seeking Him daily.  I am learning to cling to Him and look to Him rather than circumstances.  I hope you will take the time to "Watch Me Grow"... and know that it is He who is in me, and not me that is making any changes you see that are lovely  (the junky stuff, yeah, that's me - but I'm human, and I'm still alive, so He is still doing what He does best and fulfilling His promises to transform).

3 comments:

  1. Excellent first post Stacie! Keep writing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great start! Glad you're joining us in the blog challenge. :)

    Oh, and if you ever decide you want to do WP instead of blogspot, the entire thing can be transferred, even your archives. So you have nothing to lose by starting out there and seeing how you like it!

    ReplyDelete