Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A Bedtime Conversation

Last night, as our children were preparing for bed, our youngest came to give me a good night hug.  He's five, but he's my baby and some days I'm just not ready for him to grow up.  Being the baby some days he seems so young and little to me, but other times he surprises me so much with how much he has grown up already...of course, he does have two older sibs with whom he's trying desperately to keep up.

When I picked him up and gave him a big hug, I didn't want to put him down.  I asked him if he thought I could just carry him around forever...he said "no".  I asked him if he could please stay little forever....he said "No, I have to grow up."  But then he added the sweetest words that were music to this mama's ears..."but I don't have to grow up right away".

I just hope he doesn't decide to grow up too fast.  

Thank You Lord for helping me do a better job at treasuring these times as they flitter away.

1 comment:

  1. As the mom of a 15 and almost 11 year old I can relate. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete