Saturday, October 1, 2011

It Expired WHEN?

Well, I've always known that my housekeeping/organizing skills are not what others possess.  I try to keep my eye on the positive and know that I am creative, and "creativity ain't always pretty."  However, today I made a discovery that took me by surprise.  I found out that soap has an expiration date...at least anti-bacterial soap does.  Maybe it's just the antibacterial part that loses it's fight and the soap itself still cleans hands and other surfaces quite nicely.

So, how exactly did I find out that it expires?  I came upon a large jug of Walmart brand antibacterial soap in our closet and happened to see that it expired...and it's not just a little expired.  It expired 7 years ago!!!  How is this possible, especially for a military family?   It has survived 2 moves, made it through Hurricane Katrina and probably has lots of stories it could tell if it only could talk.  And if it EXPIRED 7 years ago, we probably actually bought it a couple years before that.  This bottle of soap may be older than our oldest child.  And yet it still pours quite nicely.  So, if you are looking for a long lasting liquid soap that doesn't congeal, I can (quite by accident) recommend the Walmart brand of anti-bacterial soap ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment