Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Our Busy Life

Somehow I have become the homeschooler who never seems to stay at home.  We have always been so careful about how many outside activities we join.  Our kids don't even join sport teams.  But somehow this year I have taken on far much more than normal.  We have AWANA and children's "choir" at church, American Heritage Girls, a homeschool support group, a co-op, small group through church and a social skills group.  Our oldest also has physical and occupational therapy at this point to help with some of his autism symptoms.

I guess it's no wonder our house always looks as if an explosion has occurred since we only seem to use it lately as a place to stop over and lay our heads.  Oddly enough, though, I'm really not complaining.  I'm even kind of enjoying this season of involvement and busyness.

But, if you happen to think of me, please say a prayer that eventually I will learn how to balance things out better so that we can be busy and not have the house that looks like a Lego factory exploded.  My husband will thank you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment