Monday, September 26, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday - if you want to know my age, just ask my children because they will be more than happy to share that little piece of intel.  In their defense, we do joke around a lot and give each other a hard time about lots of things, so they probably don't take me very seriously when I act offended by their over ambitious honesty.

They did treat me to a lovely day...here are a few of the highlights.

My 7 year old made me microwave popcorn for breakfast.  She also said "Yes, ma'am - right away" when I asked her to do something.

My 5 year old told me "Go downstairs so I can give you your present," as soon as he saw me this morning.  And he sang "Happy Birthday" to me with a mouth full of food, and then he wanted to know why I was laughing at him.

My 9 year old took it pretty well when I told him that on MY birthday I do not want to listen to HIM list off the things he wants for his birthday.  He can wait until tomorrow to begin preparing that list.  Although he took that redirection pretty well, he did later ask me when "Obey Mom Day" was going to be over...he's always good for a laugh.

So, all in all, this was a good birthday - one created by my children since their daddy had to be at work all day.  At least he did the shopping all by himself (with the help of a wish list on Amazon), because there have been some crazy birthday presents in past years when the children "helped" with the shopping.

1 comment:

  1. That is all just hilarious, Stacie! I can picture it just knowing how things are at my own house! Happy birthday, by the way...I hope you were blessed beyond measure!

    ReplyDelete