Thursday, September 1, 2011

No Glitter

When I started this blog about 10 days ago, I was not sure what I was getting myself into.  I'd been considering it, but thought I'd probably end up doing a blog with lots of pictures of my children and their activities.  I thought it might be a good way to chronicle their school year and to keep family in other parts of the country abreast of what was happening.

But something happened on the way to that first blog post.  Instead of pics of my kids and sharing of our daily happenings, I felt a need to share more of myself.  This has turned into a wonderful creative outlet for me.  I've always had a desire to be a writer, but felt I lacked some key elements necessary for writing anything of great length.  First, I have no creative ideas so works of fiction are beyond me.  Any time I thought that I may have an original idea, I later came to realize I'd either already read a book just like it or seen the movie.  And as for the possibility of writing a work of non-fiction, I don't have the stick-with-it-ness needed to do the research and follow it all through to completion.

But I'm discovering that my mind is perfectly suited to the blog.  I seem to even think in blog posts several times a day now as if I am creating something even when I'm not at the computer...it will probably start to drive me crazy at some point, but for now, it's kind of fun.  The other great thing about blogging is there is absolutely no clean up like every other creative venture I've embarked upon...and I do not need an entire room devoted to it like the one I have filled with cardstock, ink pads, rubber stamps, punches, ribbons...well, you get the picture.  And no glitter to vacuum.

I think I could get used to this...

No comments:

Post a Comment