Tuesday, September 6, 2011

My Secret Life

I've been keeping a secret from my husband.  It's not a terrible secret, but it is a secret about how I've been spending some of my time.  What is this secret life I've been leading?

This blog.

Why have I kept it a secret?  Because I so often start off on new ventures, throwing myself into them with great abandon...only to later abandon these great new ventures in favor of the next thing that turns my head.

My dear husband has seen me through two direct sales ventures, a variety of new curriculum that will be "perfect" for our homeschool, and more systems than either of us can probably ever list.  He has seen me through weight loss (and re-gain), exercise programs that fell by the wayside when I fell off the wagon, and hobbies that filled up rooms only to be cast aside.

And he has never complained.   I'm not sure why, but in general, he has been more than gracious about each of these new undertakings.  But this time, I wanted to be sure before I pulled him into yet another hobby in which I wanted to dabble.

We are very different, he and I .  When he says he has "been thinking" about a new hobby or some other activity, he means he has actually weighed the pros and cons and has decided that he wants to go ahead with it.  He also means he will actually stick with it.

When I say I have "been thinking" about a new hobby, I mean the thought just popped into my head, and I'm going to jump in with both feet and give it a try.  And I will probably quickly lose interest and move on to something else.

So, today I sent him an email with the link to this blog because I'm past that initial "thinking about it" stage.  I hope this doesn't mean that it will be yet another venture that gets cast aside, because I'm really enjoying this opportunity to write.

Welcome to my blog, Dear Husband.  I hope you enjoy what you read.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! Hope you're having as much fun blogging as I am. Looks like we've been at it close to the same amount of time. This blogging challenge sure has made it fun to get started.

    ReplyDelete