Monday, January 2, 2012

Some Things Never Change

I am working on my annual reorganizing of my home (it might not have to be an annual event if I'd just take the steps to maintain it all, but that's another post for another day).  While working and going through papers, I came across the following note I wrote to myself at some point in the spring of 2010.  First, let me say that I had no idea at that point that the SAT had been overhauled 5 years prior to that, so when you hit that part of my note, realize I was basing that upon my understanding of a 1600 being a perfect score.

Now, on to my note...

"I am having what I like to call an "organizationally challenged" day.  You know, the kind where nothing goes quite right and you'd lose your head if it werent' attached.  It was set up by the fact that I stayed up entirely too late working on all the new supplies I have purchased to implement the hundreds of new, fantastic ideas that I got at the homeschool convention.  Ideas that will revolutionize our homeschool and turn our children into authors, ballerina/cowboy, rocket-scientist, missionaries who will score the first-ever recorded 2000 on the SAT at the age of 9.

Of course, I will soon wear myself out attempting to organize and implement all of these wonderful new ideas that I heard in my classes, and all of these late night projects I spent hours completing will go into storage along with the various things I brought home last year but never used.  And I will go back to simply having the goal of enjoying my children and hoping to raise joyful, well-adjusted people who love Jesus and live for Him."

Back to 2012, and I laugh as I read this knowing that I still probably have some of those supplies in my stash and yet again I'm trying to organize them and figure out the best way to proceed in our homeschool.  And oh how I hope and pray that we are, in fact, raising joyful, well-adjusted people who love Jesus and always live for Him.

Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this! My goal is not to have brilliance with our last name, it's just to have them be happy, healthy, and able to serve God!

    ReplyDelete